The family-owned Todd Corporation is one of New Zealand’s largest and most successful companies. With a family and business history dating back to 1884, the Company has interests in hydrocarbon exploration and production, electricity generation, energy retailing, property development, minerals, healthcare and technology. The Downstream Division of Todd Corporation consists of four entities; Nova Energy, megaTel, Synergise and Todd Generation. We have office locations in Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, Whakatane, New Plymouth, and Christchurch.
To be successful in this role you will have a mindset that is solutions-based, technically orientated from an energy/metering perspective and customer focused. Our customer’s needs are always evolving as is the products and services supporting them, and we’ll need you to be flexible. You will be a champion for your customers and look to provide them with subject matter expertise and our award-winning customer service we’re known for here at Nova Energy.
Not only will you pride yourself on going the extra-mile for your customers, you will also be a stickler for details as you turn your mind to entering information into our various systems. If you are a bit of perfectionist when it comes to high accuracy and quality data inputs then look no further, we’re interested in talking shop.
So, you have people skills and the systems skills mastered but do you want to do more? If so, Great, let’s talk next level! This role isn’t just high-quality customer service and flawless data input, we’re after an individual who has an intuitive ability when it comes to problem solving and thinking outside the box. You’ll be able to think ‘big-picture’ by analysing data and situations and evaluating the needs of the business to ensure customer needs are met with a positive approach.
What We Can Offer You
- We care about our people and want you to thrive in our environment, so we offer annual wellness programmes, learning and development programmes, leadership training, career coaching, and a bunch of other good stuff.
- Nova is proud to be an inclusive workplace. We look after one another and genuinely care about what happens outside of the hours of 9am – 5pm.
- Generous parental leave enhancements for 26 weeks.
- A dynamic environment with an ever-evolving industry where you can learn, grow and thrive.
Nova Energy is transitioning to a multi-utility retailer to grow value and support diversification of the business for the future. Our aim is to be the retailer of choice within the natural gas & electricity markets whilst maintaining high standards of service.
The Metering & Connections Team are responsible for championing Nova’s service support for all current and future connections and metering needs whilst complying with industry regulations.
We are a high performing team and we’re looking for a key technically minded individual to join us. Your passion for quality work and dedication to learning, growing and thriving will make you one of Nova’s metering and connections subject matter experts. You will master the everyday responsibilities of your role and contribute to the team’s overall success.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
- Two years + working in the energy industry within metering/customer service role(s)
- Experience working with customer via telephone, email and/or face to face
- Familiarity working in multiple systems inputting data while multitasking
- Intermediate or advanced skills with using Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of the energy industry is desired but not an absolute requirement if all of the above thresholds can be met
Applications close Wednesday 21 April 2021. We will be reviewing applications as they come in on a rolling basis and scheduling interviews accordingly.