The family-owned Todd Corporation is one of New Zealand’s largest and most successful companies. With a family and business history dating back to 1884, the Company has interests in hydrocarbon exploration and production, electricity generation, energy retailing, property development, minerals, healthcare and technology. The Downstream Division of Todd Corporation consists of four entities; Nova Energy, megaTel, Synergise and Todd Generation. We have office locations in Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, Whakatane, New Plymouth, and Christchurch.
To be successful in this role you will have a mindset that is highly analytical, results orientated with an inquisitive nature. You’ll be able to think ‘big-picture’ by analysing data and make recommendations that meet business outcomes.
You’re a team player with a proactive attitude and a passion for continuous improvement.
What We Can Offer You
- We care about our people and want you to thrive in our environment, so we offer annual wellness programmes, learning and development programmes, leadership training, career coaching, opportunity for flexible working arrangements, and a bunch of other good stuff.
- Nova is proud to be an inclusive workplace. We look after one another and genuinely care about what happens outside of the hours of 9am – 5pm.
- Generous parental leave enhancements for 26 weeks.
- A dynamic environment with an ever-evolving industry where you can learn, grow and thrive.
Nova Energy is transitioning to a multi-utility retailer to grow value and support diversification of the business for the future. Our aim is to be the retailer of choice within the natural gas & electricity markets whilst maintaining high standards of service. The Retail Performance team are responsible for providing financial and business performance reporting and analysis to Nova Retail Business. The role of Commercial Analyst is crucial to the success of Nova, as it operates to provide extensive financial literacy to relevant stakeholders.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for
- Managing the month-end process for Nova Retail
- Analysing actual performance against budget and providing insightful commentary across different products and segments
- Reporting and analysing both financial and non-financial KPI’s
- Preparing weekly sales reports and developing dashboards using tools such as Power BI.
- Contributing to the annual budget process
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
- Relevant degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial or management accounting, preferably in the utilities sector or similar
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and preferably Power BI.
Applications close Monday 26 April 2021, we will be reviewing applications as they come in on a rolling basis and scheduling interviews accordingly.