The family-owned Todd Corporation is one of New Zealand’s largest and most successful companies. With a family and business history dating back to 1884, the Company has interests in hydrocarbon exploration and production, electricity generation, energy retailing, property development, minerals, healthcare, and technology. The Downstream Division of Todd Corporation consists of four entities: Nova Energy, megaTel, Sunergise and Todd Generation. We have office locations in Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga, Whakatane, New Plymouth, and Christchurch.
Nova Energy is transitioning to a multi-utility retailer to grow value and support diversification of the business for the future. Our aim is to be the retailer of choice within the natural gas & electricity markets whilst maintaining high standards of service.
We have created a new role for a Systems Analyst based in our small, close-knit Tauranga office. This role will report to the Manager, Business Systems. In addition to helping the team manage and support Nova’s key business systems across a variety of platforms, this role will see you involved in digital projects across the business and give you opportunities to tackle a wide range of challenges. We will offer training, a great working environment, exciting projects, and growth opportunities to the successful candidate.
We are a high performing team and we’re looking for a technically minded individual to join us. Your passion for quality work and dedication to learning, growing, and thriving will make you one of Nova’s subject matter experts. You will master the everyday responsibilities of your role and contribute to the team’s overall success.
We are looking for someone who has spent time (minimum 3 years) in the workforce and has a keen interest in a Digital related role. You will need to be a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skills, a keen attention to detail, and aspire to develop into a competent Systems Analyst. You will be confident working with SQL and ideally will have experience using SQL Server tools like SSIS & SSRS, and the cloud platforms Salesforce and/or AWS. You will enjoy collaborating with others regardless of their technical knowledge and contributing to wider company success.
What We Can Offer You
- We care about our people and want you to thrive in our environment, so we offer annual wellness programmes, learning and development programmes, leadership training, career coaching, and a bunch of other good stuff.
- Nova is proud to be an inclusive workplace. We look after one another and genuinely care about what happens outside of the hours of 9am – 5pm.
- Generous leave provisions, including paid parental leave enhancements for 26 weeks.
- A dynamic environment with an ever-evolving industry where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
- IT related tertiary or industry qualifications
- Minimum three years’ experience in a commercial environment, preferably in the energy sector or telecommunications
- Understands data and how to extract/manipulate and analyse using SQL and has experience with SSIS & SSRS
- Ideally has some practical exposure to Salesforce and/or AWS
Applications close Monday 17 May 2021, we will be reviewing applications as they come in on a rolling basis and scheduling interviews accordingly.