Advantage Plan Special Terms
The supply of electricity or natural gas under this Advantage Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers which are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This offer only applies to selected new residential electricity or natural gas customers.
- On this Plan, your electricity or natural gas pricing (as applicable) will stay the same until 31 March 2022 (“Term”), unless Nova Energy adjusts your pricing:
a) due to changes to taxes (e.g., GST), levies (including the Electricity Authority Levy and/or Gas Industry Company Levy), the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme, or any other governmental or regulatory changes; or
b) if, for any reason, the information that Nova Energy has relied on to set your pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g., if your metering set-up or capacity and/or pricing category is incorrect or changes during the Term).
- On this Plan, you will also receive a $100 account credit (including GST) for each electricity or natural gas Installation Control Point on your ﬁrst Nova Energy invoice. This account credit is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable, and no cash alternative is available.
- At the end of the Term, you will be moved to new pricing applicable for your area and metering set-up. We will notify you of this new pricing.
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Term, an early termination fee may apply in respect of each Installation Control Point (“ICP”) switched away from Nova Energy during the Term. If applied, the early termination fee will be calculated from the date(s) you started the Plan for each respective ICP being switched away, and will comprise:
a) an Administration Fee of $50 (including GST); and
b) a Variable Fee of $100 (including GST) which reduces by $10 for every full 30-day period that the ICP has been on the Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no part reduction for part 30-day periods.
- The early termination fee under this Plan will not apply in circumstances where you switch away from Nova Energy within 30 days of receiving a notice of: any changes to the pricing of this Plan in accordance with clause 2(b) above; or any material changes to our General Terms.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move (in which case the early termination fee may apply if you move during the Term). However, if you move properties and sign up with Nova Energy at your new property, the early termination fee may be waived at our absolute discretion.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on this Plan. If you do not pay an invoice by the due date, you may be charged a late payment fee (and/or other applicable fees/charges relating to overdue payment or debt collection) in accordance with our Service Fee Schedule published on our website.
- This Plan is only available in selected Nova supplied regions. It does not apply to or include business or Time-of-Use (TOU) sites, unmetered electricity charges, distributed generation (i.e. solar export) pricing, or our standard fees and charges.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. If there is a conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan set out above, the terms of this Plan will apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan, at any time, without notice.
Effective 1 December 2019