Here at Nova, we strive to provide you with the best possible service experience. If you are not happy with any aspect of the products and services, we provide you we would like to hear from you so that we can put things right.
Our free complaint handling process is set out below.
You can raise a complaint by contacting our Customer Care Team on 0800 668 236, emailing us or by writing to:
Manager Retail Services
PO Box 404, Whakatane 3158
We will always try to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible.
Firstly, we will acknowledge your concerns and we will aim to resolve it with you within 20 working days. However, sometimes complaints may involve a longer investigation time – for instance, if we need to escalate your complaint internally to our legal team or senior management for advice, or if we need to gain information from third parties.
If there is a delay, you’ll be kept in the loop all the way through.
What if you're not happy?
If you’re not happy with your resolution, and we have had a reasonable opportunity to resolve it with you, then you are welcome to contact Utility Disputes and/or the Telecommunications Dispute Resolution Scheme.
- If your complaint is about our energy services (electricity or natural gas), you will need to contact Utilities Disputes.
- If your complaint is about our telecommunications services (broadband, VoIP or mobile), you will need to contact the Telecommunications Dispute Resolution Scheme.
Nova Energy is a member of the Utilities Disputes (UD).
UD is an independent scheme that is dedicated to resolving electricity and gas complaints in a fair and equitable manner, at no cost to you.
You can refer your complaint to the UD if:
- we have not resolved your complaint within 20 working days and we have not written to you with good reasons why it will take more time; or
- we have taken longer than 40 working days to resolve your complaint.
The UD may agree to consider your complaint before 20 working days have passed if:
- we have made it clear that we are not going to do anything about your complaint;
- waiting any longer would cause you (as complainant) unreasonable harm; or
- it would be otherwise unjust to wait any longer.
Utilities Disputes can be contacted on 0800 22 33 40, by email at email@example.com, or in writing to PO Box 5875, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145.
For more information visit the UD website.
Telecommunications Disputes Resolution
Nova Energy is also a member of the Telecommunications Dispute Resolution scheme (TDR).
If you're dissatisfied with our resolution of your telecommunications complaint, you can take this to the TDR. It won't cost you anything to do this.
Please note: all complaints must be registered with us first and we must have been given a reasonable opportunity to resolve it with you, before you can refer your complaint to the TDR. You have 12 months from the date of your complaint to take your complaint to TDR.
TDR can be contacted on 0508 989 898, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Freepost 214075, PO Box 5573, Wellington 6140.
For more information visit the TDR website.