Call us for free on: 0800 668 236
Or on: +64 7 306 2700
Between 7.30am and 7pm Monday to Friday
24 hour Emergency number: 0800 NOVA 111 (0800 668 211)
Fax: 0800 200 427
PO Box 404, Whakatane 3158
For any media enquiries please contact Libby Middlebrook
Nova Energy has sold it's retail LPG business to Genesis.
To contact Genesis call 0800 300 400
If you smell gas inside
- Keep flames and cigarettes out of the room and away from the area.
- If safe to do so - turn off any gas appliances.
- If safe to do so - turn off your gas supply at the meter or LPG cylinder.
- Open doors and windows
- Leave all electrical appliances or switches as they are – turning them on or off could ignite the gas
- Don’t use your phone (landline or mobile) in near the leak – go outside.
- Call us on 0800 668 211.
If the smell persists, go outside to a safe place away from the building.
If you smell gas outside
- Keep flames, cigarettes, vehicles and electrical equipment (including mobile phones) away from the area.
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter or LPG cylinder – if safe to do so.
- Leave the area and call us on 0800 668 211.
If someone comes into contact with a live electrical source do not touch them. If you touch the person while they are still in contact with the electrical current you will also get an electric shock or be electrocuted.
Switch the power off, either at the source or at the main power switch.
If you can’t turn the power off, use an insulated object such as a broom with a dry wooden handle to push the victim clear of the source of shock.
Phone 111 for an ambulance immediately
Administer appropriate first aid such as CPR. If you have not had first aid training, the emergency operator may be able to give you directions until help arrives.
Never throw water on an electrical fire. Call the Fire Service on 111.
Downed Electrical Wires
Stay away from all electric wires that have fallen down, as they may be live.
Get help by calling your local electricity supply network company, for more information see our faults page.