EnergySure Electricity Offer Terms
Important offer terms
The supply of electricity under the Business EnergySure Electricity Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Commercial Customers (“General Terms”), which are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This offer only applies to selected new and existing business electricity customers who sign up to this Plan before 31 July 2019.
- To be and remain eligible for this Plan you must receive your energy bill by email (e-Bill).
- On this Plan, the Nova Energy components in the Daily Charge and the Variable Charge(s) of your pricing are fixed until 31 March 2021 (“Term”).
However, Nova Energy may adjust your pricing:
a. due to changes in third party costs, for example network company, transmission and metering charges (which may apply to both the Daily Charge and the Variable Charge components); and
b. due to changes in: taxes (e.g., GST); levies (including the Electricity Authority Levy); the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme; any relevant assessment, duty, charge or withholding on electricity or this Plan; or any other governmental or regulatory changes; and
c. if, for any reason, the information Nova Energy has relied on to set the pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g. if your metering set-up or capacity and/or your pricing category is incorrect or changes during the course of this Plan).
- At the end of the Term, you will be moved to new pricing applicable for your area and metering setup. We will notify you of this new pricing.
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Term an early termination fee may apply. If applied, the early termination fee will comprise:
a. an Administration Fee of $100 (excluding GST); and
b. a Variable Fee which shall be $200 (excluding GST) if you end the Plan within the first 30 days of the Term, and shall thereafter be reduced by $20 for every subsequent 30 day period that you have been on the Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no part reduction for part 30 day periods.
The early termination fee may apply in respect of each Installation Control Point switched away from Nova Energy during the Term and will be calculated from the date you start the Plan for each Installation Control Point.
- The early termination fee under this Plan will not apply in circumstances where you switch away from Nova Energy within 30 days of receiving a notice of: any changes to the pricing of this Plan in accordance with clause 3(c) above; or any material changes to our General Terms.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move (in which case the early termination fee may apply if you move during the Term). However, if you move properties and sign up with Nova Energy at your new property, the early termination fee may be waived at Nova Energy’s absolute discretion.
- This Plan is only available in selected Nova supplied regions. It does not apply to residential, industrial or Time of Use (TOU) sites, unmetered charges, distributed generation (i.e. solar export) pricing, or our standard fees and charges.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. The General Terms apply in conjunction with these special terms and are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz. Where there is a conflict between the General Terms and the special terms of this Plan set out above, the terms of this Plan will apply.
Effective 1 December 2018