EnergySure Natural Gas Offer Terms
Important offer terms
The supply of natural gas under the Business EnergySure Natural Gas Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Commercial Customers (“General Terms”), which are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This offer only applies to selected new and existing business natural gas customers who sign up to this Plan before 31 July 2018.
- To be and remain eligible for this Plan you must receive your energy bill by email (e-Bill).
- This Plan will start:
a. for new Nova Energy customers, when you become our customer; or
b. for existing Nova Energy customers (i.e., customers to whom Nova Energy supplies a fuel other than natural gas), from your next invoice from us.
- The term of this Plan is until 30 September 2020 (“Term”).
- On this Plan, the Nova Energy components in the Daily Charge and the Variable Charge(s) of your pricing are fixed for the Term. However, Nova Energy may adjust your pricing:
a. due to changes in third party costs, for example network company, transmission and metering charges (which may apply to both the Daily Charge and the Variable Charge components); and
b. due to changes in Government-imposed taxes, levies (including the Gas Industry Company Levy), Emissions Trading Scheme, assessment, duty, charge or withholding on natural gas or this Plan, or any other costs as a result of governmental or regulatory changes; and
c. if, for any reason, the information Nova Energy has relied on to set the pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g. if your metering setup or capacity and/or your pricing category is incorrect or changes during the course of this Plan).
- At the end of the Term, you will be charged the standard pricing applicable for your area and metering setup. We will notify you in writing of this new pricing.
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Term an early termination fee may apply. If applied, the early termination fee will comprise of:
a. an Administration Fee of $100 (excluding GST); and
b. a Variable Fee which shall be $200 (excluding GST) for the first 30 days of the Term and shall thereafter be reduced by $20 for every subsequent 30 day period that you have been on the Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no part reduction for part 30 day periods.
- The early termination fee under this Plan will not apply in circumstances where you switch away from Nova Energy due to a change to:
a. the pricing of this Plan in accordance with term 5 c. above; or
b. the General Terms.
If you have received a notice from Nova Energy regarding a change set out in this term 8, you may switch away from Nova Energy within 30 days of the date of that notice by giving us notice of your election to switch away.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will be terminated if you move. However, if you move properties and sign up with Nova Energy at your new property, the early termination fee may be waived at Nova Energy’s absolute discretion.
- This Plan is only available in selected Nova supplied regions. It does not apply to residential or Industrial customer sites, or our standard fees and charges.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. The General Terms apply in conjunction with these special terms and are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz.
- Where there is a conflict between the General Terms and the special terms of this Plan set out above, the terms of this Plan will apply.
Effective 1 December 2017