Electricity Emergency

Electric Shock

If someone comes into contact with a live electrical source do not touch them. If you touch the person while they are still in contact with the electrical current, you will also get an electric shock or be electrocuted.

Switch the power off, either at the source or at the main power switch.

If you can’t turn the power off, use an insulated object such as a broom with a dry wooden handle to push the victim clear of the source of shock.

Phone 111 for an ambulance immediately. 

Administer appropriate first aid such as CPR. If you have not had first aid training, the emergency operator may be able to give you directions until help arrives.

Electrical Fire

Never throw water on an electrical fire. Call the Fire Service on 111.

Downed Electrical Wires

Stay away from all electric wires that have fallen, as they may be live.

Get help by calling your local electricity supply network company, for more information on who that is in your area see our outages and faults information.