If you smell gas inside:
- Keep flames and cigarettes out of the room and away from the area.
- If safe to do so - turn off any gas appliances.
- If safe to do so - turn off your gas supply at the meter or LPG cylinder.
- Open doors and windows • Leave all electrical appliances or switches as they are – turning them on or off could ignite the gas
- Don’t use your phone (landline or mobile) in near the leak – go outside.
- Call us on 0800 668 211. If the smell persists, go outside to a safe place away from the building.
If you smell gas outside:
- Keep flames, cigarettes, vehicles and electrical equipment (including mobile phones) away from the area.
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter or LPG cylinder – if safe to do so.
- Leave the area and call us on 0800 668 211.