General Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers
Our General Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers are changing
From 17 March 2015 some new Fair Trading Act provisions with respect to unfair contract terms come in to affect. We have taken the opportunity to update our standard form customer agreements to make sure they line up with these changes.
For Residential customers the key changes include:
- Clearly setting out where you can find our standard Rates and Fees (clause 19).
- Confirming that we will not require you to pay any inspection, testing, repair and/or replacement costs if we (Nova) request inspection of a meter or associated fittings unless the costs were incurred due to your actions(clause 36).
- Clarifying where you will not be charged a disconnection Fee in some circumstances if your Energy supply is to be disconnected (clause 44).
- Clearly identifying how you can get your Energy supply reconnected (clause 47 & 48).
- Termination – ensuring that you know and understand how we and you can terminate your agreement with us (clause 50).
- Ensuring that the wording across our standard form customer agreements are consistent.