An electricity plan designed to give you better control of your energy bill.
Because we’re always looking for ways to bring you great value, we’re giving you the opportunity of paying for the electricity you use, based on the time of day when you use it.
You could ‘clock up’ some great energy bill savings by shifting the time you use your power-hungry appliances like your washing machine, dryer, dishwasher or even your EV charging to cheaper Off-Peak periods. The more power you shift, the more you’ll save.
How the Off-Peak Plan works
- Your electricity pricing on this Plan is split into different rates – either “Off Peak” and “Peak’, or ”Off Peak”, ”Shoulder” and “Peak” – depending on the region where you live. Check the Table below to see if the Plan is available in your region, as well as the times of the Plan.
- You’re billed for your actual electricity usage during your applicable “Peak”, “Off-Peak” and ”Shoulder” time periods.
- Prices are higher during ‘Peak’ periods and lower during the ‘Off-Peak’ and ‘Shoulder’ periods. So, if you use more electricity during Off-Peak and Shoulder times, you could make some great savings on this Plan.
- There is no fixed term, no break fees, no worries
Important things to know
- To go on this Plan, you must have an eligible and actively communicating smart electricity meter and live in a region where this Plan is available.
- This Plan is not available everywhere, nor for all electricity connections or meter types. We will advise you if your meter is eligible or not before you sign up.
- In some regions, theOff-Peak Pricing will not apply to Controlled or Night meter electricity consumption. If you have Controlled and/or Night meter and you live in one of these regions, your charges for controlled/night consumption will be billed separately. We will advise you of your pricing when you sign up.
- Some electricity networks apply Off-Peak pricing for Public Holidays that fall on weekdays. However, for simplicity where a Public Holidays falls on a weekday, we will apply Off-Peak, Peak and Shoulder pricing as a normal weekday.