Smart Home Broadband and Phone Plan Special Terms – Open Term
The supply of Broadband and Phone services under the Smart Home Broadband and Phone Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Internet and/or Phone Customers (“General Terms”), including Nova’s Fair Use Policy. These are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz and are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This Plan is only available to selected new residential customers in selected regions and who meet our pre-acceptance checks and criteria.
- To be eligible for this Plan you must:
a) receive your bill by email (e-Bill); and
b) use the modem and, if applicable, the phone handset(s) we supply.
- If you end the Plan for any reason within six months, you must return the modem and, if applicable, the phone handsets, to us in a good working condition. If you do not return this equipment, a $100 (including GST) non-return fee may apply.
- Our broadband service includes unlimited data, subject to our Fair Use Policy, delivered over your property’s ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection.
- We will supply you with a modem, delivered free of charge.
- Where broadband speeds are stated, these are based on theoretical maximums and actual speeds will vary.
Add-on Phone services
- A home Phone service can be purchased at any time at an additional cost. It includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines, subject to our Fair Use Policy, using Voice over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) technology.
- We will supply you with twin cordless phone handsets, delivered free of charge. The Phone service includes a range of calling functions such as voicemail, call waiting and caller ID.
- As our phone service uses VoIP, you’ll no longer have a fixed landline for your calling. Instead, your calls will be delivered over your internet connection. You will need to contact your relevant third-party service provider to check that any existing (or future) services/devices not supplied by Nova – such as monitored security and medical alarms, and any service/device that requires an analogue phone line – will work with our VoIP Service, and arrange continued service and support for such devices (at your own cost) if they don’t.
- If you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our internet/phone services, you should not sign up for our services.
- Please contact us if you or anyone in your household is, or becomes, dependant on a home phone line for critical medical support.
- If there is a power or internet outage or other internet disabling event (including impeded wireless range within your home, equipment being disconnected from wall sockets etc.) you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your premises in case you need access to 111 and other emergency call services in cases of service disruption.
- NZ mobile calling can be purchased at any time at an additional cost. It provides unlimited calls to NZ mobile numbers, subject to our Fair Use Policy.
- International calling can be purchased at any time at an additional cost. It provides unlimited calls, subject to our Fair Use Policy, to landline numbers in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland (Republic), Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Venezuela, United Kingdom, USA. If you try to call a landline in any other country or any international mobile number, then the call will not work.
- You may start or stop an add-on NZ mobile or International calling service at any time by calling us on 0800 668 236. Add-on service charges recur monthly until stopped.
- Our Fair Use Policy applies to unlimited data and calling and is available on our website.
- Calls to “0900”, “018”, “0161”, “0172” and “059” numbers, switched digital (data) calls, collect calls, audio conferencing, and calling card calls are excluded.
- Our Phone service cannot be used for auto-dialling or multiple simultaneous calling, continuous call forwarding, telesales, call centres, voicemail broadcasting, spamming or any other activity we reasonably consider to be non-standard usage, in Nova’s sole discretion.
- Fibre is not available everywhere. A technician from your local fibre company may need to visit your property to determine if fibre is available. If fibre is available and you wish to get fibre installed, you agree:
a) to allow us, the local fibre company, and our/their respective contractors’ and representatives access to your property (as reasonably required);
b) that any equipment installed by us or your local fibre company at your property remains the sole property of us/the local fibre company (as the case may be); and
c) to be bound by the applicable end-user terms of your local fibre company (a copy of which can be provided to you on request).
- Fibre installation is free for standard residential broadband and phone connections. Additional charges may apply to non-standard installations. For example, if your home is more than 200m from your street’s fibre access point, or if your home needs additional internal wiring.
- If a fibre connection is not available at your home and you do not already have an internet connection, there may be a new connection fee for ADSL or VDSL services. We/our third-party providers will let you know if any additional charges apply.
- Subject to clauses 19, 20 and 21, the Plan includes the initial connection of our broadband and phone services at your property. Additional charges may apply if you request changes/upgrades to your services, for example additional wiring. We/our third-party providers will let you know if charges will apply.
- Broadband, phone and add-on services are generally invoiced a month in advance, but sometimes certain charges will not show on your invoice until some time after the month in which they were incurred.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on our broadband, phone or add-on services.
Effective 1 March 2019