The supply of broadband and phone services under this Choices Broadband Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Broadband and/or Phone Customers, including Nova’s Fair Use Policy, which are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
- This Plan is only available to selected existing residential electricity and/or natural gas Nova Energy customers.
- To be eligible for this Plan, you must:
a) sign up a new broadband supply with us at the same property as your existing electricity and/or natural gas supply; and
b) not have accepted any other broadband offer from us within the past 12 months.
- The term of this Plan is 12 months (“Term”).
- On this Plan, you may choose one ‘Choices Product’ (“Product”) from the selected range offered to you. Product availability will be confirmed at the time of application.
- This Plan also includes:
a) unlimited broadband data (subject to our Fair Use Policy), delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
b) a new modem (plus twin cordless phone handsets if you purchase our home phone service). Please note that a $15 delivery fee applies.
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Term (subject to clause 12 below), an early termination fee of $250 (including GST) may apply.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move, in which case the early termination fee may apply. However, if you move to a new house during the Term and continue your broadband supply with us, the early termination fee may be waived at our sole discretion. Please note that depending on where you move to, our broadband services may not be available at your new home or the pricing may be different.
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone services with this Plan, which you may start at any time, or cancel at any time on 30 days’ notice to us.
- Our standard home phone service includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines, subject to our Fair Use Policy. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added at any time at an additional cost.
- If you purchase our phone service, please note that:
a) you are required to use the modem we supply;
b) you'll no longer have a fixed landline for your calling. Instead, your calls will be delivered over your internet connection;
c) if there is a power or internet outage or other internet disabling event (including impeded wireless range within your home, equipment being disconnected from wall sockets etc.) you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your premises in case you need access to 111 and other emergency call services in cases of service disruption;
d) if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our internet/phone services, you should not sign up for our services; and e) calls to “0900”, “018”, “0161”, “0172” and “059” numbers, switched digital (data) calls, collect calls, audio conferencing, and calling card calls are excluded from all our phone services.
Product Supply Terms
- Your selected Product is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable, and no cash alternative is available.
- If your selected Product is unavailable, we will endeavour to provide you with an alternative Product of comparable value. We will let you know if this occurs and give you the option to cancel this agreement without any early termination fee if the alternative Product is not acceptable to you.
- The cost of initial Product delivery is included under the Plan. However, if you fail or refuse to take or accept delivery for any reason, additional delivery and/or storage charges may apply. We/our third-party providers will let you know if any additional charges apply.
- You agree that:
a) you are responsible for setting up the Product at your property; and
b) you will bear the risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the Product from date of delivery (but without prejudice to any rights or remedies you might have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Fair Trading Act 1986 and/or Part 3 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017). You should check the delivery packaging for signs of damage before signing for it and examine the Product for damage before setting it up. If you notice any damage, please contact us immediately.
- Fibre installation is free for standard residential broadband and phone connections. However, a connection fee may apply to non-standard fibre installations and to any new ADSL or VDSL connections (e.g. if fibre is not available at your home and you do not already have an ADSL or VDSL internet connection). We will let you know if any connection fee or other additional charges apply.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on this Plan.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction with any other broadband offer from us.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. If there is a conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.