The supply of broadband and phone services under this Great Value Broadband Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Broadband and/or Phone Customers, including Nova’s Fair Use Policy, which are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
Introduction and Eligibility
- This Plan is only available to selected new residential broadband customers in our service regions. Please visit novaenergy.co.nz for the regions we currently service.
- To be eligible for this Plan, you must: a) have existing electricity and/or natural gas service(s) with us at the same property as your broadband service; and b) not have accepted any other broadband offer from us previously.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move.
- On this Plan, you will receive special broadband pricing while you have your electricity and/or natural gas supply with us.
- Your pricing on this Plan is not fixed and is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you if your pricing changes.
- If you end your electricity or natural gas supply with us for any reason, your broadband pricing will increase. If you no longer have any energy supply with us at the same property as your broadband, your broadband plan and pricing will change to our Freedom Broadband Plan.
Broadband Supply Terms
- This Plan includes:
a) unlimited broadband data (subject to our Fair Use Policy), delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
b) a modem. Please note that a $15 delivery fee applies.
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone services with this Plan, which you may start at any time, or cancel at any time on 30 days’ notice to us. If you choose to purchase our home phone service, you will also receive twin cordless handsets. A $15 delivery fee applies.
- Our standard home phone service includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines, subject to our Fair Use Policy. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added at any time at an additional cost.
- If you purchase our phone service, please note that:
a) you must use the modem we supply.
b) your calls will be delivered over your broadband connection using Voice over Internet Protocol. This means that if there is a power or broadband outage, you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend:
i. you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your premises in case you need to call 111 or other emergency call services during an outage; and
ii. if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our broadband/phone services, you should not sign up for our services.
c) if you or someone in your household is particularly at risk of requiring the 111 emergency service (e.g. for reasons of health, safety or disability) and you don’t already have an alternative way to call 111 in the event of an outage (e.g. a mobile phone), you can apply to be listed as a Vulnerable Consumer. If you qualify, we will provide you with a means to call 111 in the event of a power failure, at no cost to you. Contact us or visit novaenergy.co.nz/vulnerableconsumer for more information and to apply.
d) calls to “0900”, “018”, “0161”, “0172” and “059” numbers, switched digital (data) calls, collect calls, audio conferencing, and calling card calls are excluded from all our phone services.
- Fibre installation is free for standard residential broadband and phone connections. However, a connection fee may apply to non-standard fibre installations and to any new ADSL or VDSL connections (e.g. if fibre is not available at your home and you do not already have an ADSL or VDSL broadband connection). We will let you know if any connection fee or other additional charges apply.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on this Plan. A late payment fee of $25 may apply if you don’t pay your bill on time.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction with any other broadband offer from us.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. If there is a conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.
Effective 1 February 2021