The supply of natural gas and a Rinnai Infinity® hot water system under this Natural Gas Hot Water Heating System Offer (“Offer”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Customers, and Nova Energy’s Product Purchase Terms and Conditions which are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
Introduction and Eligibility
- This Offer is only available to selected residential natural gas customers in selected regions.
- To be eligible for this Offer you must: a) own a property and be Nova customer located in one of the selected regions in which the Offer is available. Please visit novaenergy.co.nz/waterheating for a list of Offer regions; and b) already have your property’s natural gas supply connected to either the Vector, Firstgas, Powerco, GasNet, or Nova natural gas networks, or have (separately) arranged for a new natural gas connection at your property with these networks; and c) meet Nova’s standard acceptance criteria.
- The Offer includes:
a) the installation of a Rinnai Infinity® A26 (or similar) externally-mounted continuous-flow natural gas hot water system for domestic appliances. Pricing and Rinnai model information is available on our website novaenergy.co.nz/waterheating; and;
b) the option to pay for your new system upfront, or pay your new system off over either a two or three-year (i.e., 24 or 36 month) payment term via your Nova Energy account, in equal instalments.
- This Offer is conditional on you agreeing to join us for your natural gas for the duration of your payment term and agreeing to our Product Purchase Terms and Conditions; available at novaenergy.co.nz/waterheating.
- Should you switch away or end your natural gas supply with us during your payment term, for any reason, you will be required to pay the remaining balance of the system and installation cost either immediately, or over a period agreed by us.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw the Rinnai model(s) available with this Offer, as specified on our website or in any promotional material, if the specified model becomes unavailable for any other reason. If the specified model becomes unavailable after your application has been accepted, we will endeavour to provide you with an alternative model of comparable value. We will let you know if this occurs and give you the option to cancel this agreement.
- Installation includes:
a) externally mounting the Rinnai Infinity® A26 (or similar) unit at your property, including parts and labour and up to 15 meters of gas installation piping and up to 10 meters of water installation piping;
b) the electricity connection to the Rinnai A26 unit; and
c) if required:
i. removal and disposal of your existing hot water cylinder (provided that the cylinder can fit through the cupboard door without any modification to the cupboard, and provided that all shelving and any other obstruction is removed beforehand ready for day of installation),
ii. livening of the gas connection; and
iii. installation of a gas meter.
- Additional costs may apply where:
a) there are connection costs as determined by your natural gas network; Powerco, GasNet, Firstgas, Vector, or Nova;
b) you require a gas supply capability that is above a standard residential natural gas and/or meter connection, or you require a supply capability that is above the Rinnai Infinity® A26 system’s product specifications, in which case a quote will be provided based on the site’s and/or your supply requirements;
c) more than 15 meters of gas installation piping is needed or more than 10 meters of water installation piping is needed;
d) any leaks are found in existing pipework;
e) replacement of existing low pressure water pipes, plumbing pipes, taps, shower heads or other plumbing fittings are needed as a result of the change of pressure to mains pressure or damage caused as a result of such piping or fittings not being replaced (leaks from existing pipework and fittings may occur when low pressure is replaced with mains pressure);
f) any refurbishment is required if your existing hot water cylinder is not easily able to be removed and/or if modifications need to be made to your property to allow removal; or
g) a meter box cover or meter set, pipe cover or recess box for the continuous flow hot water system is required.
- Before an application is approved, we or our representative(s), may undertake a site visit to confirm whether your application can be approved and if any additional costs apply. If there are additional costs, we will agree these costs with you before the installation commences.
- After an application is approved, we or our representative(s), will book an appointment with you to complete the installation. You will be required to be at home during the installation. If required, the natural gas connection to your property will be livened and a meter placed at the property prior to the installation appointment.
Ending your supply and moving
- Should you switch away or end your natural gas supply with us, for any reason, will be required to pay the remaining balance of the installation cost.
- The Rinnai Infinity A26 system (or similar) must not be removed from the installation address during your payment term without our prior permission. If the system is removed during or after your payment term, this will void any warranty provided under our Product Purchase Terms and Conditions. Additional costs may apply for system removal. We will let you know if these apply.
- Standard acceptance criteria and Product Purchase Terms and Conditions apply. If there is a conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Offer, the Special Terms will apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Offer at any time without notice.