Plume Special Terms
The supply of Nova Energy’s Plume® Service is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Internet and/or Phone Customers (“General Terms”). These are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz and are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”).
Plume Service and Eligibility
- Nova’s Plume service consists of the initial supply of two Pods and a Plume Membership with Nova Energy (“Plume Service”).
- The Plume Service is only available to selected residential customers who meet our pre-acceptance checks and criteria. To be eligible for the Plume Service you must:
a) have internet access and a device capable of downloading and using the Plume WiFi App;
b) download the Plume WiFi App from Google Play or the Apple App Store and follow the set-up instructions, including acceptance of Plume’s partner terms (which are available on the Plume WiFi App when you first set up your Plume profile);
c) use the Plume Pods we supply; and
d) receive your bill by email (e-Bill).
Plume Membership with Nova Energy
- Your Plume Membership with Nova Energy will start from the date we confirm you are eligible for the Plume Service and will continue month-to-month until cancelled.
- You acknowledge that without a Plume Membership from us, the Pods will have limited functionality. You will only be able to access basic network management and WiFi configuration. Membership features such as Adaptive WiFi™, guest access with HomePass® and parental controls, will not be available. Please note that Plume membership is not transferable between internet service providers.
- Excluding during any Trial period (explained further below), a monthly fee will be charged for the Plume Membership and is generally invoiced a month in advance.
- We reserve the right to change the monthly Plume Membership fee from time to time on giving 30 days’ written notice to you, together with our reasons for that change.
- You can cancel your Plume Membership at any time. If you cancel your membership, you will continue to have access to the full Plume Service from Nova until the end of your monthly billing period.
- To cancel your Plume Membership, please contact us by calling 0800 668 236.
- Plume Membership fees are non-refundable, and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods (e.g. if you cancel your Plume Membership during a month for which a membership fee has already been invoiced).
Free 3-month trial period
- A free 3-month trial (“Trial”) period is available to selected customers signing up to the Plume Service (i.e. including a Plume Membership with Nova Energy). The purpose of this Trial is for you to experience the benefits of the Plume Service.
- Trial eligibility is at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to cancel your Trial at any time if, for any reason, the information we have relied on to determine your eligibility is incorrect and/or requires amendment, or if you breach our General Terms or these Special Terms.
- We may discontinue or change the terms of the Trial for prospective customers (i.e. before we confirm your eligibility for the Trial) for any reason, including the Trial availability, duration and/or any eligibility requirements.
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery of the Pods from the date we confirm you are eligible for the Trial. If the Pods have not arrived within 14 days’ we will extend the duration of your Trial accordingly.
- At the end of your Trial period (unless cancelled prior by you, or by us under clause 12 above):
a) the Pods will be charged to your Nova account at the price agreed with you; and
b) we will start invoicing you (on a monthly basis, generally in advance) for your Plume Membership at the price agreed with you.
- You acknowledge that:
a) during your Trial period, the Pods shall remain the sole and absolute property of Nova Energy (i.e. ownership of the Pods will only pass to you upon payment at the price agreed with you); and
b) if you cancel your Plume Membership during the Trial period, you must return the Pods to us in their original packaging and in good working condition within 30 days of cancellation, or a non-return fee of $300 (incl. GST) may apply.
- A deferred payment period may be available for purchasing the Plume Pods at Nova’s sole discretion. See our website for Deferred Payment Special Terms.
- Additional Pods can be purchased separately from us. Please contact us on 0800 668 236 to purchase additional Pods.
- There is no prompt payment discount available in relation to the Plume Service.
- Nova Energy has partnered with Plume Design, Inc. to be able to offer you this Plume Service. You can find out more about Plume Design, Inc., its products and its business at www.plume.com.
- Nova Energy has been appointed by Plume Design, Inc. as an authorised reseller of Pods and the Plume Adaptive WiFi Solution. By agreeing to receive the Plume Service and/or by purchasing and using Pods from us, you acknowledge and agree:
a) to accept Plume Design, Inc.’s standard partner terms (which are available on the Plume WiFi App when you first set up your Plume profile);
b) that Plume Design, Inc. is and will be the exclusive owner of all intellectual proprietary rights, title, and interest in the Pods, the Plume WiFi App, and Adaptive WiFi Solution;
c) that Plume Design, Inc. may anonymize and/or de-identify any personal information you provide to Plume (e.g. via the Plume WiFi App) and that Plume Design, Inc. may use such anonymized and/or de-identified information for long term trend analysis to continually improve optimization algorithms and to provide services to its customers (including other resellers of Pods and the Plume Adaptive WiFi Solution).
- Nothing in these Special Terms or your Agreement with us is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of (including by excluding or limiting any rights or remedies you might have under) the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Fair Trading Act 1986 and/or Part 3 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, except to the extent permitted by those Acts (e.g. if you are a business or acquire any Plume product or service for business or commercial purposes, the provisions of those Acts may not apply).
Effective 1 May 2019