The supply of broadband, phone, electricity and/or natural gas services under this TV Bundle Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with both Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Energy Customers and Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Internet and/or Phone Customers, including Nova’s Fair Use Policy, which are both available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
Introduction and Eligibility
- This Plan is only available to selected new residential broadband and energy customers in our service regions who sign up for broadband and electricity and/or natural gas services from us at the same property. Please visit novaenergy.co.nz for the regions we currently service.
- To be eligible for this Plan you must not have:
a) accepted any other broadband or energy offer from us within the past 12 months; or
b) switched your energy supply away from us within the past 12 months.
- On this Plan, you will receive a 43” LG 4K Smart TV (model 43UN7340PVC) when you sign up broadband and electricity or natural gas.
- You can choose to upgrade to a 50” TV (model 50UN7340PVC) at the time you sign up for an additional cost of $199 (including GST). This will be charged to your Nova account.
Broadband Supply Terms
- The term for broadband under this Plan is 24 months (“Broadband Term”) and includes:
a) unlimited broadband data (subject to our Fair Use Policy), delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
b) a new modem (plus twin cordless phone handsets if you purchase our home phone service). Please note that a $15 delivery fee applies.
- If you end this Plan for any reason before the end of your Broadband Term, an early termination fee of $600 (including GST) may apply.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move, in which case the early termination fee may apply. However, if you move to a new house during the Broadband Term and continue your broadband supply with us, the early termination fee may be waived at our sole discretion. Please note that depending on where you move to, our broadband services may not be available at your new home or the pricing may be different.
Energy Supply Terms
- On this Plan, your electricity and/or natural gas pricing will stay the same until 31 March 2022 (“Energy Term”), unless we adjust your pricing:
a) due to changes to taxes (e.g., GST), levies (including the Electricity Authority Levy and/or Gas Industry Company Levy), the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme, or any other governmental or regulatory changes; or
b) if, for any reason, the information we have relied on to set your pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g., if your metering set-up or capacity and/or pricing category is incorrect or changes during the Energy Term).
- If you end the Plan for any reason before the end of the Energy Term (e.g. by switching your electricity and/or natural gas supply to another retailer, or if you move to a different property), an early termination fee may apply in respect of each electricity and natural gas Installation Control Point (“ICP”). This fee will be calculated from the date(s) each ICP supply started under the Plan, and will comprise:
a) an Administration Fee of $50 (including GST); and
b) a Variable Fee of $100 (including GST) which reduces by $10 for every full 30-day period that the ICP has been on the Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no part reduction for part 30-day periods.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move. However, if you move to a new house during the Energy Term and continue your energy supply with us, the early termination fee may be waived at our sole discretion. Please note that depending on where you move to, our energy services may not be available at your new home or your pricing may be different.
- The supply of electricity and/or natural gas under this Plan is only available in selected regions. It does not apply to or include business or Time-of-Use (TOU) sites, unmetered electricity charges, distributed generation (i.e. solar export) pricing, or our standard fees and charges.
TV Supply Terms
- The TV is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable, and no cash alternative is available.
- If the TV models specified in clauses 3 and 4 above are unavailable, we will endeavour to provide you with an alternative model of comparable value. We will let you know if this occurs and give you the option to cancel this agreement without any early termination fee if the alternative model is not acceptable to you.
- The cost of initial TV delivery is included under the Plan. However, if you fail or refuse to accept delivery for any reason, additional delivery and/or storage charges may apply. We/our third-party providers will let you know if any additional charges apply.
- You agree that:
a) you are responsible for installing the TV at your property; and
b) you will bear the risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the TV from date of delivery (but without prejudice to any rights or remedies you might have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Fair Trading Act 1986 and/or Part 3 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017). You should check the delivery packaging for signs of damage before signing for it and examine the TV for damage before setting it up. If you notice any damage, please contact us immediately.
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone services with this Plan, which you may start at any time, or cancel at any time on 30 days’ notice to us.
- Our standard home phone service includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines, subject to our Fair Use Policy. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added at any time at an additional cost.
- If you purchase our phone service, please note that:
a) you are required to use the modem we supply;
b) you'll no longer have a fixed landline for your calling. Instead, your calls will be delivered over your internet connection;
c) if there is a power or internet outage or other internet disabling event (including impeded wireless range within your home, equipment being disconnected from wall sockets etc.) you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your premises in case you need access to 111 and other emergency call services in cases of service disruption;
d) if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our internet/phone services, you should not sign up for our services; and
e) calls to “0900”, “018”, “0161”, “0172” and “059” numbers, switched digital (data) calls, collect calls, audio conferencing, and calling card calls are excluded from all our phone services.
- Fibre installation is free for standard residential broadband and phone connections. However, a connection fee may apply to non-standard fibre installations and to any new ADSL or VDSL connections (e.g. if fibre is not available at your home and you do not already have an ADSL or VDSL internet connection). We will let you know if any connection fee or other additional charges apply.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on this Plan.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction with any other broadband or energy offer from us.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. If there is a conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.