Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential and Commercial Energy Customers and Residential Internet and/or Phone Customers (“General Terms”). These are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz and are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
Introduction and eligibility
- Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is only available to selected new and existing customers who have their electricity supply with Nova and meet our pre-acceptance checks and criteria.
- Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is available for electricity and may, at Nova’s absolute discretion, be made available for our other services, for example natural gas and broadband, and for other fees and charges associated with those services.
- To be eligible for Weekly or Fortnightly Billing you must:
a) have an advanced (smart) electricity meter installed at your property that we deem suitable for weekly or fortnightly billing; and
b) be on a pricing plan that does not include any prompt payment discount; and
c) pay your bill electronically by direct debit, reoccurring credit card direct debit, online banking, online EFTPOS or credit card, or via the Nova App; and
d) receive your bills by email (e-Bill).
- We reserve the right to change your billing frequency back to monthly if you do not meet our eligibility criteria in clause 3 above, or due to the circumstances outlined in clauses 8 and/or 11 below. We will let you know if this happens.
Invoicing and payment information
- Your Weekly or Fortnightly Billing (whichever option you select) will start:
a) for new customers, when you become our customer; or
b) for existing customers (i.e., customers to whom Nova Energy already supplies electricity, natural gas, or broadband) from your next invoice from us.
- We will send you an invoice:
a) if you are on Weekly Billing: on or around Tuesday each week. This invoice will cover your usage for the previous 7 days ending on or around midnight Sunday; and
b) if you are on Fortnightly Billing; on or around every second Tuesday. This invoice will cover your usage for the previous 14 days ending on or around midnight Sunday. 7. Payments on each weekly or fortnightly bill will be due 2 days from the date of invoice. If you pay your account by direct debit or reoccurring credit card direct debit, your bank account/credit card will be charged on each payment due date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank or credit card account to cover in full each amount that becomes due. If a direct debit or recurring debit from a credit card fails due to insufficient funds, we will wait at least 1 day and try again. If this occurs, you may be required to pay any outstanding fees and charges by another payment method.
- Your Weekly or Fortnightly bill may cover a different usage period to that specified in clause 6 where:
a) your bill includes past unbilled electricity usage;
b) you are also supplied with other recurring or one-off services, for example natural gas, broadband and home phone. These services and any related fees and charges may be billed in arrears on weekly or fortnightly amounts based on usage calculated by estimated or actual readings at our absolute discretion.
- Any monthly bills created before you change to Weekly or Fortnightly billing will keep their 14-day payment due date. For existing customers, this may mean your first weekly bill falls due and is direct debited before your last monthly bill. The account balance due will be up to date when both the last monthly and first weekly bills are both paid in full, as our billing system automatically allocates payments to settle the oldest invoice first.
Smart meter data and unbilled usage
- If we are unable to obtain your smart electricity meter data remotely, we may estimate the missing data using a reasonable estimation of your normal electricity use for similar time periods. If your smart meter data is unavailable for 3 consecutive weeks, we may need to change your billing frequency to monthly at our absolute discretion. We will let you know if this happens.
- Due to the nature and timing of smart meter data collection, when you are on our weekly or fortnightly billing service it is not possible for you to provide your own meter reading to replace estimated data where we have used an estimate in your bill, detailed in clause 11. If, acting reasonably, you do not agree with an estimate used, you must contact us within five working days of receiving your bill to dispute the accuracy of the estimate.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these Special Terms, withdraw or add other services to our Weekly and Fortnightly Billing service at any time. Where the changes are material, we will communicate this to you with as much advanced notice as possible.
Effective 1 April 2020