Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Commercial Customers 2015, the General Terms for Residential Energy Customers 2015 and the General Terms for Residential Broadband and/or Phone Customers 2018 (each “General Terms”). All of these General Terms are available at www.novaenergy.co.nz and are varied in accordance with the following special terms (“Special Terms”):
Introduction and eligibility
- Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is only available to selected customers who have their electricity, residential broadband and/or phone supplied by Nova and meet our pre-acceptance checks and criteria.
- Weekly or Fortnightly Billing is not available for customers with natural gas, time-of-use business electricity sites and may not be available in conjunction with some plans or services at Nova’s discretion.
- To be eligible for Weekly or Fortnightly Billing you must:
a) if we supply you with electricity, have an advanced AMI (smart) meter installed at your property which we deem suitable for Weekly or Fortnightly Billing;
b) pay your bill electronically by direct debit from your bank account, by reoccurring credit, or debit card, or via the Nova App (unless otherwise agreed with us); and
c) receive your bills by email (e-Bill).
- We reserve the right to change your billing frequency back to monthly if you do not meet our eligibility criteria in clause 3 above, or due to the circumstances outlined in clauses 8 and/or 11 below. We will let you know if this happens. You can also ask us at any time if you want to go back to monthly billing, but we may decline your request at our discretion.
Invoicing and payment information
- Your Weekly or Fortnightly Billing (whichever option you select) will start:
a) for new customers, when you become our customer; or
b) for existing customers (i.e., customers to whom Nova Energy already supplies electricity, broadband and/or phone services) from the date of your next invoice, or as otherwise advised by us.
- We will send you an invoice:
a) if you are on Weekly Billing: on Monday each week This invoice will cover your usage for the previous 7 days ending on or around midnight Saturday; and
b) if you are on Fortnightly Billing; every second Monday. This invoice will cover your usage for the previous 14 days ending on or around midnight Saturday. Where your scheduled billing day coincides with a Public Holiday, we will send your invoice on the next business day.
- Payment of each Weekly or Fortnightly Bill will be due 3 days from the date of invoice – being every Thursday (or every second Thursday). If you pay your account by direct debit or by reoccurring credit or debit card, your bank account or credit/debit card will be charged on each payment due date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank account or on your credit card to cover in full each amount that becomes due. If a direct debit or recurring debit from a credit or debit card fails due to insufficient funds, we will wait at least 1 working day and try again. If this occurs, you may be required to pay any outstanding fees and charges by another payment method.
- Your Weekly or Fortnightly Bill may cover a different usage period to that specified in clause 6 where:
a) your bill includes past unbilled electricity usage, broadband and/or phone charges; and/or
b) you are also supplied with other one-off or recurring services, for example, natural gas. These services (and any related fees and charges) may be billed at a frequency determined by us at our discretion.
- Any monthly bills created before you change to Weekly or Fortnightly Billing will keep their 14-day payment due date. For existing customers, this may mean your first weekly bill falls due and is direct debited before your last monthly bill. The account balance due will be up to date when both the last monthly and first weekly bills are both paid in full, as our billing system automatically allocates payments to settle the oldest invoice first.
Smart meter data and unbilled usage
- If we are unable to obtain your smart electricity meter data remotely, we may estimate the missing data using a reasonable estimation of your normal electricity use for similar time periods. If your smart meter data is unavailable for 3 consecutive weeks, we may need to change your billing frequency to monthly at our discretion. We will let you know if this happens.
- Due to the nature and timing of smart meter data collection, when you are on our Weekly or Fortnightly Billing service it is not possible for you to provide your own meter reading to replace estimated data where we have used an estimate in your bill, detailed in clause 11. If, acting reasonably, you do not agree with an estimate used, you must contact us within five working days of receiving your bill to dispute the accuracy of the estimate.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these Special Terms, withdraw or add other services to our Weekly and Fortnightly Billing service at any time. Where the changes are material, we will communicate this to you with as much advanced notice as possible.