Nova's COVID-19 Assistance Information
Here's how we can support you during New Zealand's latest change in alert levels.
- Get in contact: If you are worried about being able to pay your upcoming bill, please call us to discuss your situation and the options we have available to help.
- Medically dependant and vulnerable customer assistance: Given the added financial and other stresses many are facing right now, it’s important you let us know if there have been any changes to your health and wellbeing. For more information and to register so we can note this on your account, click here.
- Different payment options: We’d also be happy to talk you through ways to manage your bills with less hassle by changing your bill payment method.
- Budgeting advice: We can help put you in touch with budgeting services available throughout the country and other social agencies that could help. We can also talk to Work and Income NZ on your behalf, with your permission.
- Energy saving advice: We have some great home energy savings tips that may help reduce your usage.
- Outages: We will continue to notify you of any planned outages that network companies may be undertaking during this time. Where possible, we will notify you by SMS of unplanned outage event updates as they become available to us. If we don’t have a mobile number for you, please consider providing this to us so you can receive these notifications.
Meter readings: During the Covid-19 lockdown period we will be suspending meter reading for all our natural gas and electricity customers without smart meters. This means these customers will receive estimated bills. If you’re at home and would prefer to receive an actual bill, please get in touch to give us this or enter your read via our website, the Nova Hub, or our App.
Stay in touch
We’re here to help. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your situation with us get in touch by email or by calling 0800 668 236.
We’ll endeavour to keep you updated on any important changes as and when these occur
The Nova team