Direct Debit terms and conditions
Conditions of This Authority to Accept Direct Debits
1. The Initiator:
(a) Has agreed to give advance notice of the net amount of each Direct Debit and the due date of the debiting at least 10 calendar days before (but not more than 2 calendar months) the date when the Direct Debit will be initiated. This notice will be provided either: (i) in writing: or (ii) by electronic mail where the Customer has provided prior written consent to the initiator. The advance notice will include the following message:
Unless advice to the contrary is received from you by (date*), the amount of $...... will be directly debited to your Bank account on (initiating date).
*This date will be at least two (2) days prior to the initiating date to allow for amendment of Direct Debits.
(b) May, upon the relationship which gave rise to this Authority being terminated, give notice to the Bank that no further Direct Debits are to be initiated under the Authority. Upon receipt of such notice the Bank may terminate this Authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
(c) May, upon receiving an “authority transfer form” (dated after the date of this authority) signed by me/us and addressed to a bank to which I/we have transferred my/our bank account, initiate Direct Debits in reliance of that transfer form and this Authority from the account identified in the authority transfer form.
2. The Customer may:
(a) At any time, terminate this Authority as to future payments by giving written notice of termination to the Bank and to the Initiator.
(b) Stop payment of any Direct Debit to be initiated under this Authority by the Initiator by giving written notice to the Bank prior to the Direct Debit being paid by the Bank
(c) Where a variation to the amount agreed between the Initiator and the Customer from time to time to be Direct Debited had been made without notice being given in terms of clause 1(a) above, request the Bank to reverse or alter any such Direct Debit initiated by the Initiator by debiting the amount of the reversal or alteration of Direct Debit back to the Initiator through the Initiator’s Bank PROVIDED such request is made not more than 120 days from the date when the Direct Debit was debited to my/our account.
3. The Customer acknowledges that:
(a) This Authority will remain in full force and effect in respect of all Direct Debits passed to my/our account in good faith notwithstanding my/our death, bankruptcy or other revocation of this Authority until actual notice of such event is received by the Bank.
(b) In any event this Authority is subject to any arrangement now or hereafter existing between me/us and the Bank in relation to my/our account.
(c) Any dispute as to the correctness or validity of an amount debited to my/our account shall not be the concern of the Bank except in so far as the Direct Debit has not been paid in accordance with this Authority. Any other disputes lies between me/us and the Initiator.
(d) Where the Bank has used reasonable care and skill in acting in accordance with this authority, the Bank accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of:
- the accuracy of information about Direct Debits on Bank statements.
- any variations between notices given by the Initiator and the amounts of Direct Debits.
(e) The Bank is not responsible for, or under any liability in respect of the Initiators failure to give notice in accordance with 1(a) nor for the non-receipt or late receipt of notice by me/us for any reason whatsoever. In any such situation the dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
4. The Bank may:
(a) In its absolute discretion conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other Authority, cheque or draft properly executed by me/us and given to or drawn on the Bank.
(b) At any time terminate this Authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
(c) Charge its current fees for this service in force from time-to-time.
(d) Upon receipt of an “authority to transfer form” signed by me/us from a bank to which my/our account has been transferred, transfer to that bank this Authority to Accept Direct Debits.
Conditions of This Authority To Accept Payments By Credit Card
Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Nova Energy Limited’s Standard Terms and Conditions for energy supply. Nova Energy Limited may be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we” or “us”. By registering an Authority with us you acknowledge that you have understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
2. Credit card payment may not be available on all pricing plans.
3. We reserve the right to terminate any Authority and require you to pay your energy bill by an alternative method.
4. You may set up an Authority for a credit card which is not in the Nova Energy account holder’s name, but the card holder must sign the Authority.
5. We may ask the credit card issuer to verify the signature provided on the Authority.
6. Payments will continue to be made in accordance with the Authority until you advise us otherwise. We will endeavour to cancel the Authority with immediate effect but there may be circumstances where we are unable to cancel the next payment scheduled.
7. Should your payment be dishonoured by your credit card issuer, we may charge you a dishonour fee.
8. We reserve the right to request a manual authorisation from your credit card issuer at any time.
9. You are responsible for updating your Authority details with us when your credit card expires.
10. You are responsible for updating your details when you change credit card issuers or receive a replacement credit card with a new card number.
11. We will make any refunds to a nominated bank account, not to your credit card.
12. We use a security company to validate all credit card transactions.