The supply of broadband under this Broadband Multisaver Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with Nova Energy’s General Terms and Conditions for Residential Broadband and/or Phone Customers, including Nova’s Fair Use Policy, which are both available at www.novaenergy.co.nz (“General Terms”) and the following special terms (“Special Terms”). If there is any conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
Introduction and Eligibility
- On this Plan you will receive discounted broadband pricing while you have your residential electricity with us at same property, and on the same account.
- If you end your electricity supply with us, this Plan will also end and your broadband pricing will be changed to our Broadband Plan (or its closest equivalent available at the time). Our Broadband Plan is our standard plan applicable to residential customers who are only supplied broadband from us at their property and does not include discounted broadband pricing.
- This Plan is only available to selected residential customers in our broadband service regions. Please visit novaenergy.co.nz for the regions we currently service.
- Your pricing on this Plan is not fixed and is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you if your pricing changes.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move.
Broadband and Equipment Supply Terms
- This Plan includes:
a) unlimited broadband data (subject to our Fair Use Policy), delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
b) the use of a Nova modem or router (unless you choose to use your own). A $15 delivery fee applies.
- We will continue to own any modem or router we supply to you, including any cables and power adaptors. Unless otherwise agreed, if your broadband service ends for any reason, you must return our equipment, in good working condition, within 30 days. If you fail to return our equipment or return it damaged, we may charge you an equipment fee. Equipment fees vary depending on the type of equipment we have supplied you with. Please see our website for a full list of standard fees and additional service charges.
- If you choose to use your own modem or router to access our broadband service, you agree that your equipment is your responsibility and we can’t guarantee or support performance of your equipment or compatibility with our network.
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone services with this Plan, which you may start at any time, or cancel at any time on 30 days’ notice to us. If you choose to purchase our home phone service, you will also receive twin cordless handsets, which are yours to keep. A $15 delivery fee applies.
- Our standard home phone service includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines, subject to our Fair Use Policy. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added at any time at an additional cost.
- If you purchase our phone service, please note that:
a) you must use the modem we supply.
b) your calls will be delivered over your broadband connection using Voice over Internet Protocol. This means that if there is a power or broadband outage, you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend:
i. you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your property in case you need to call 111 or other emergency call services during an outage; and
ii. if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our broadband/phone services, you should not sign up for our services.
c) if you or someone in your household is particularly at risk of requiring the 111 emergency service (e.g. for reasons of health, safety or disability) and you don’t already have an alternative way to call 111 in the event of an outage (e.g. a mobile phone), you can apply to be listed as a Vulnerable Consumer. If you qualify, we will provide you with a means to call 111 in the event of a power failure, at no cost to you. Contact us or visit novaenergy.co.nz/vulnerableconsumer for more information and to apply.
d) calls to “0900”, “018”, “0161”, “0172” and “059” numbers, switched digital (data) calls, collect calls, audio conferencing, and calling card calls are excluded from all our phone services.
- Fibre installation is free for standard residential broadband and phone connections. However, a connection fee may apply to non-standard fibre installations and to any new ADSL or VDSL connections (e.g., if fibre is not available at your home and you do not already have an ADSL or VDSL broadband connection). We will let you know if any connection fee or other additional charges apply.
- There is no prompt payment discount available on this Plan. A late payment fee of $25 may apply if you don’t pay your bill on time.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction with any other broadband or energy offer from us.
- Standard acceptance criteria apply. Our standard fees and additional service charges (published on our website) also apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.