The supply of broadband and phone services under this Broadband Multisaver Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with our General Terms for Broadband Customers (“General Terms”), our Fair Use and Privacy Policies and the following special terms (“Special Terms”). If there is any conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
- This Plan includes:
- unlimited broadband data delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
- the use of our equipment (such as a modem, router or analog telephone adapter) depending on the type of service selected. A $15 delivery fee applies; and
- discounted broadband pricing when you have another eligible service (being electricity, natural gas or mobile) supplied by us at the same address and on the same account. However, if you end the supply of these other services (so we only supply you with broadband), your pricing will automatically be changed to our current Broadband only pricing, which is available on request.
- Your pricing on this Plan is not fixed and is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you if your pricing changes.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move.
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone service, which includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added for an additional charge.
- If you purchase our phone service, please note:
- You must use the equipment we supply.
- Your calls will be delivered over your broadband connection using Voice over Internet Protocol. This means if there is a power or broadband outage, you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend:
- you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your property in case you need to call 111 or other emergency call services during an outage; and
- if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our broadband/phone services, you should not sign up for our services.
- If you or someone in your household is particularly at risk of requiring the 111 emergency service (e.g. for reasons of health, safety or disability) and you don’t already have an alternative way to call 111 in the event of an outage (e.g. a mobile phone), you can apply to be listed as a Vulnerable Consumer. If you qualify, we will provide you with a means to call 111 in the event of a power failure, at no cost to you. Contact us or visit novaenergy.co.nz/vulnerableconsumer for more information and to apply.
Equipment Supply Terms
- We own any equipment we supply to you, including any cables and power adapters. If your broadband service ends for any reason, you must return our equipment (unless otherwise agreed), in good working condition, within 30 days. If you fail to return our equipment or return it damaged, we may charge you an equipment fee (published on our website).
- If you use your own equipment to access our broadband service, you agree your equipment is your responsibility, and we can’t guarantee or support performance of your equipment or compatibility with our network.
- Charges may apply to new and/or non-standard broadband installations or other items such as additional work performed by an approved technician. We will let you know if charges apply.
- Standard acceptance and credit criteria apply. Our standard fees and additional service charges (published on our website) also apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.