Specific conditions relating to notices and disputes
I may ask my bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
- I don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from the initiator, or
- I receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
The initiator may only send a direct debit if you have:
- asked the initiator to send it, and
- agreed the amount of the direct debit.
The initiator is required to give you a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit no less than the date of the debit.
If the bank dishonours a direct debit but the initiator sends the direct debit again within 5 business days of the dishonour, the initiator is not required to give you a second notice of the amount and date of the direct debit.
Conditions of This Authority To Accept Payments By Credit Card
Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Nova Energy Limited’s Standard Terms and Conditions for energy supply. Nova Energy Limited may be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “we” or “us”. By registering an Authority with us you acknowledge that you have understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Credit card payment may not be available on all pricing plans.
- We reserve the right to terminate any Authority and require you to pay your energy bill by an alternative method.
- You may set up an Authority for a credit card which is not in the Nova Energy account holder’s name, but the card holder must sign the Authority.
- We may ask the credit card issuer to verify the signature provided on the Authority.
- Payments will continue to be made in accordance with the Authority until you advise us otherwise. We will endeavour to cancel the Authority with immediate effect but there may be circumstances where we are unable to cancel the next payment scheduled.
- Should your payment be dishonoured by your credit card issuer, we may charge you a dishonour fee.
- We reserve the right to request a manual authorisation from your credit card issuer at any time.
- You are responsible for updating your Authority details with us when your credit card expires.
- You are responsible for updating your details when you change credit card issuers or receive a replacement credit card with a new card number.
- We will make any refunds to a nominated bank account, not to your credit card.
- We use a security company to validate all credit card transactions.