The supply of broadband, phone, electricity and/or natural gas services under this Smart Bundle Plan (“Plan”) is in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions for Residential Energy Customers, our General Terms for Broadband Customers (“General Terms”), our Fair Use and Privacy Policies and the following special terms (“Special Terms”). If there is any conflict between our General Terms and the Special Terms of this Plan, the Special Terms will apply.
- To be eligible for this Plan you must:
- switch a new residential broadband service and a new residential electricity service to us at the same address; and
- bundle these services together on this Plan. If we provide you with a residential natural gas service at the same address (or you want to switch natural gas to us), it must also be bundled on this Plan; and
- not have received this Plan, or any other broadband or electricity service from us previously at this address.
- On this Plan, you’ll receive either:
- a 43-inch LG Smart TV; or
- a Samsung Galaxy A34 Smartphone,
("Product") as published on our website.
If available at the time of application, you may upgrade to an alternative Product for an additional cost, which will be charged to your Nova account.
We reserve the right to change or withdraw the Product models available with this Plan, as published on our website or in any promotional material, if those models become unavailable for any reason. If a particular model becomes unavailable after your application but before it is delivered to you, we will endeavour to provide you with an alternative model of comparable value. We will let you know if this occurs and give you the option to cancel this agreement without any early termination fee.
Supply Term and Pricing
- The supply term for all services under this Plan is 24 months ("Supply Term"). Your pricing will stay the same during the Supply Term, unless we adjust your pricing:
- due to changes to taxes (e.g. GST), levies (e.g. the Electricity Authority Levy), the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme, or any other governmental or regulatory changes; or
- if, for any reason, the information we have relied on to set your pricing is incorrect and/or requires amendment (e.g. if your price category, metering set-up or broadband speed changes).
- At the end of the Supply Term, you may be moved to new pricing applicable for your region, metering or broadband setup. We will notify you of any new pricing in advance.
- If you end a service before the end of your Supply Term for any reason (e.g. by switching the service(s) to another retailer, or if you move to a different address), an early termination fee of $300 per service will apply.
- This Plan cannot be transferred to a different property and will end if you move, in which case the early termination fee will apply.
Broadband Supply Terms
- This Plan includes:
- unlimited broadband data delivered over an ADSL, VDSL or Fibre connection; and
- the use of our equipment (e.g. modem, router or analog telephone adapter) depending on the type of service selected. A $15 delivery fee applies.
- We own any broadband-related equipment we supply to you, including any cables and power adapters. If your broadband service ends for any reason, you must return our equipment (unless otherwise agreed), in good working condition, within 30 days. If you fail to return our equipment or return it damaged, we may charge you an equipment fee (published on our website).
- If you use your own equipment to access our broadband service, you agree your equipment is your responsibility, and we can't guarantee or support performance of your equipment or compatibility with our network.
Energy Supply Terms
- The supply of electricity and/or natural gas is only available in selected regions. This Plan does not apply to or include business or Time-of-Use (TOU) sites, unmetered electricity chargers or distributed generation pricing (i.e. solar export).
Product Supply Terms
The Product will be despatched to the postal address provided on your application, or to another address advised by you, after we receive full payment of your first invoice on this Plan.
The Product is not transferrable, exchangeable, or redeemable, and no cash alternative is available.
- You agree that:
- you are responsible for setting up the Product
- you will bear the risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the Product from date of delivery (but without prejudice to any rights or remedies you might have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Fair Trading Act 1986 and/or Part 3 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017). You should check the delivery packaging for signs of damage before signing for it and examine the Product for damage before setting it up. If you notice any damage, please contact us immediately.
- before your Product is delivered, you will cancel or put on hold any arrangement you might have with couriers to leave items unattended at your property if you are not home (i.e. an “Authority to Leave”). If you do not do this, the Product may be delivered and left at your property when you are not home, and we will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage.
Home Phone Services
- You have the option to purchase our add-on home phone service, which includes unlimited calls to NZ landlines. Separate NZ mobile and international landline calling packages can be added for an additional charge.
- If you purchase our home phone service, please note:
- You must use the equipment we supply.
- Your calls will be delivered over your broadband connection using Voice over Internet Protocol. This means if there is a power or broadband outage, you will be unable to make calls using our phone service, including Emergency 111 calls. We recommend:
- you maintain or have access to a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your property in case you need to call 111 or other emergency call services during an outage; and
- if you rely on a medical alarm, life-support or other critical-support or monitored service, and your existing third-party service provider cannot guarantee its compatibility with our broadband/phone services, you should not sign up for our services.
- If you or someone in your household is particularly at risk of requiring the 111 emergency service (e.g. for reasons of health, safety or disability) and you don’t already have an alternative way to call 111 in the event of an outage (e.g. a mobile phone), you can apply to be listed as a Vulnerable Consumer. If you qualify, we will provide you with a means to call 111 in the event of a power failure, at no cost to you. Contact us or visit novaenergy.co.nz/vulnerableconsumer for more information and to apply.
- Charges may apply to new and/or non-standard broadband installations or other items such as additional work performed by an approved technician. We will let you know if charges apply.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction with any other broadband or energy offer from us.
- Standard acceptance and credit criteria apply. Our standard fees and additional service charges (published on our website) also apply.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Plan at any time without notice.
Effective 15 January 2024